2/17/2009

thank you, mama.

I was nursing Lo tonight in her room. It was quiet. The room was dark. The only light was the hallway light that peeked in the half opened door. Ry and Liv were downstairs watching noggin. This is my alone time with Lo. A way to unwind and have some closure to the day.

While nursing she reached her arm up and rubbed my neck, played with my necklace, twirled my hair. She peacefully nursed, and every few seconds made eye contact and locked eyes.

I know her thoughts are not complex enough to understand my sacrifices (elimination diet) or what it takes to still be nursing a 6.5 month old who has yet to sleep through the night.

But the look in her eye was not a blank stare. It was sincere. It was loving. It felt like a "Thank you". She didn't want to turn and break the eye contact. Nor did I......There was no other place either of us would rather be. We both completely enjoy that time together.

She didn't have to speak. But I knew what she was saying.

No comments: