2/14/2009

My new Hero...Salma Hayek.

I know it is controversial, but it isn't to most women who have breastfed their children. While in Africa, Salma nursed a sick hungry one week old baby. Salma currently is still nursing her one year old and couldn't pass up her "Mommy Super Power" on this little guy. He was so hungry, and he just gulped away.

Not only was she able to nourish that little boy but she also wanted to encourage women there to continue breastfeeding. Men do not defend breastfeeding because they do not believe in sexual relations with breastfeeding women.

They have the highest number of infant mortality due to malnutrition. Breastfeeding would change that.

This story gave me goose bumps. Four years ago, I may have thought it was inappropriate or strange for her to do that, but Today I probably would have done the same thing. Hearing a hungry crying baby usually makes you let down anyway ;) I may not be using my college degree or masters degree, but a person can live off of the milk my body produces...... that is super power.

Amazing.....

No comments: