9/17/2009

yet another hiccup.

This picture isn't even a bad picture. It looked worse in person.

This morning Charlotte had a huge breakfast. She eats more than I do for some meals. She had a whole waffle, an entire container of coconut milk yogurt, a few handfuls of watermelon, rice milk, and 5 whole foods crackers. Once she was done, she decided to wonder out into the living room where liv was watching cartoons and eating breakfast. Liv ran upstairs to see daddy and I ran in the kitchen to get myself some lemon water.......Charlotte (unsupervised) made her way to Liv's yogurt and helped herself to a spoonful (and poured the container on the table). I walked into her with the spoon in her mouth and her hands covered in yogurt......
I freaked (as usual). Ran upstairs and gave her atarax (benedryl without the sedative properties). Ry calmed me down but I held her and wouldn't take my eyes off of her. Within 5 minutes, one side of her face was puffy, blotchy, had hives. Her eye was red, about the quarter of it's size. She couldn't help but rub her face and scratch it.
Then, Ry reminded me I should probably wash her hands really well because she is repeatedly rubbing yogurt on her face. So I did.
The good news is Lo was...Lo. She was crawling and dancing and giggling. Just one side of her face was a bit unrecognizable. I think the topical reaction to rubbing yogurt on her face did her in . The rest of her body seemed pretty normal (THANK GOD).
I spent about an hour watching her like a hawk. Then I let her take her morning nap to let her body rest.
PHEW! I am just so thankful that she didn't throw up or have trouble breathing. This girl is a trooper!

1 comment:

Christine & Brian said...

Awe...our little Lo! Make sure you give her extra hugs and kisses from Aunt Chrissy tonight.