9/22/2009

What a trooper?!

Today I took Liv to get the flu shot. Since Lo can't get it (it contains egg), I figured it is really important so LIv doesn't bring germs home from school.
I woke up with a nervous feeling in my stomach. Liv asks me every morning what we are doing. And today she did... I didn't know if I should tell her or not. So I didn't....until about 30 minutes before we left. I just said we are going to the doctors. I didn't mention the needle.
The girls were good in the waiting room. They called us back.....everything was pretty smooth. Then Liv asked me if her needle would hurt. I was surprised because I didn't think she knew she was getting one. I told her it is a little needle and will just feel like a tiny pinch. Surprisingly, she didn't argue and just said "Okay". ( I was a bit speechless and proud at the same time.)

Dr. Maddie came in. Small talked a bit. Made liv laugh a bit. Gave her the shot. Liv was quiet for a second. I gave her three stickers.....and she smiled. Phew!

No comments: