9/07/2009

The best day with you, today.


Sending Liv to preschool in less than a week has made me do alot of reflecting.....

Dear Liv,

For the past 4 years, you have always been in the comfort of our house and my arms. I have always been within a cry away. Next week you will be starting preschool. As your world gets bigger, you will go out and learn the world on your own. But you will never be alone. No distance is too far for me to hear you.

Your world may get bigger and bigger, but I will always be your number one fan. And my arms are always open. Through the years, lots will change. New teachers, new friends, new strengths, new fears. But my love for you will always be constant. You are my world.

Every person you meet is lucky. Every friend you make is blessed.

I love you more than all of the hugs in the world....no words can say.

Love you, Mommy (three hand squeezes) xoxo

Listening to this song triggers a vivid slideshow in my head. I thought I would share it with you.



This is a song from Liv's favorite CD (Fearless). Whenever I see her singing this song in the backseat of the car, it makes me cry. I know I will look back and all of these childhood years will be so precious. The last verse about "a video when I was three, painting in the kitchen". I do that ALL of the time with her. Hits home...

The song also is so sweet because I watched Taylor grow up next door down the shore. So sweet for her to look back and dedicate this to her mom. I can only imagine what her mom thought when she presented this song to her.

No comments: