6/15/2008

Circle of Life.

Lately, I have been doing some reflecting. Bringing life into the world is so empowering. After spending some quality time with my mom, it is so apparent to me that the relationship between a mom and her daughter is so strong and can never be broken. I will have moments where I look at my relationship with my mom and realize that I have such a fulfilled life ahead of me with two girls of my own.
When talking to Liv about her baby sister and my belly, I actually have moments where I can't believe that I was once in my mom's belly. That she probably had the same discussions with Chrissy (my older sister) before my arrival. Understanding that my body has the ability to make another person is still so difficult for me to believe (even the second time around). Not sure if it is a concept I will ever grasp.
Being a mom is a million times more that I ever expected. There are so many times I look at Liv and can't believe that I made her. From what my mom says, she still has moments like that (and that is 30 years later). The hardest part about being a mom is realizing that my girls need to learn from their own experiences. I wish I could take everything that I have learned in the past 29 years and give it to them so they can evolve beyond their years. I can love them and guide them, but ultimately they choose their path in life. My job as their mom is to support them and love them during times of success and struggle. I have to realize that I can't always be in control and fix everything. Giving them their wings is sooo hard........
The good news is, my mom gave me my wings and even though I used them for a few years, I think I have actually given them back to her. I don't want to fly or need to fly with out her. I just hope and pray that my girls will do the same. I want them to always need me in their life. Afterall, since the first time I looked into Liv's eyes, I changed my purpose in life. If all I do for the rest of my life is love and guide my girls, I will live a life that is fulfilled more than I ever imagined.

No comments: