4/24/2009

3 and a half going on 15.

This morning I woke up with Charlotte pretty early.  She has a cold and on an AM pooping schedule (argh).  Every once in a while I checked the video monitor to see what Liv was doing.  She usually wakes up around 7:30 ish.  At about 8 o'clock, I checked the monitor and she was not in bed anymore.  I thought it would be a few seconds before I hear her door open.  But I didn't.

Instead I heard a few drawers open and close.  About 15 minutes later Liv opened her door.  She was fully dressed.  It may not seem like a big deal (since she has been dressing herself for awhile lately).  Today was different.  Usually her outfits are a hodge podge of clashing colors.  Today she was totally matching and ready to go.  

In order for her to do this, I know she had to go  in her pants drawer to get pants, her tops drawer to get a shirt, her panties drawer to get panties, her sock drawer to get socks (and rummage through to find two matching socks, which she did), AND get her step stool to reach the top of her dresser for her shoes.

If it weren't for her binky in her mouth when she came to her door, I would have thought I was in a coma for 12 years and just woke up.  

PS. I know the binky has to go, but some days that is my only reminder that she isn't 15.

No comments: