10/04/2008

The most important ingredient of all...


This year for liv's party I decided against ordering a cake and decided to make one. At first I did it to save some extra cash.. I already had the cake mix and icing.... But once I made it on Friday, I got so much enjoyment out of watching Liv. She was sooo excited. I mean I think she sat infront of it for the entire afternoon and the next morning. She helped me put the cake topper on and was so excited to watch me write her name on it. I could see the pride in her face. She felt so important (as she is) and special.
It is a far cry from perfect, but I realize that the most important ingredient is my Love. It may sound cheesy, but I had so much fun making it for her and seeing how excited she got over it. It reminds me of my mom making my birthday cake. I remember the smell of it baking and watching her sit at the end of the kitchen table icing it. I hope Liv has the same fond memories....... I think I might do this for the girls every year. Afterall, I probably only saved like 8 bucks, but I gained a memory and tradition.

No comments: