10/03/2008

Does this chick do anything else but blog?

I never try to be that annoying mom who talks about her kids......I know I have shared this blog with many family and friends. Some of you have admitted to checking it daily (and some multiple times a day). Others may not tell me they check it regularly but check it every once in awhile to see what the Katrina clan is up to. One reason I blog is so people can see what we are up to, but ultimately this is a GIFT to the girls. Everytime I write, I picture then sitting at the computer 20 years from now reading. I want to let them see how much I loved them and cherished these moments. I know they will not remember them and this is my way of remembering the little daily details that time lets you forget.
There may be times (although i hope not), that the kids want independence and think I am out to get them when all I want to do is protect them. At those moments I want them to read these posts(I may have to force them) and see how much they mean to me. they are my world.
So for those of you who wonder how I find the time to post..........I have to admit I choose to only do laundry once a week. And sometimes I don't make the bed....... Those are things that will ALWAYS be on my list. Even when the kids are grown up. I will be wishing for these days back. So I don't want to forget them.
This blog is my GIFT to the girls. It is the best gift I could ever give. The gift of their childhood that they can relive with such detail and clarity. As well as a gift to myself, so these memories never fade into one big blur.

No comments: