12/01/2009

The Magic of Christmas.

Today the girls and I met Liz and the boys at Macy's (Wanamaker Building) downtown to see the annual light show and Dicken's Village. Both of the girls loved it. The best part about it was that it was a family tradition for my mom to go as a kid (along with every other Philly kid).
We walked though the village twice and the second time, I secretly ventured off to Santa's room. I wish I had it on tape because it was an amazing moment. Santa and Liv had the most precious conversation. At that moment, I saw the magic of Christmas twinkle in her eye. Since we went on a Tuesday morning as soon as they opened, it was not crowded. It was just Liv, Charlie, Santa, Santa's Helper, and I in the room. The girls stayed in the stroller but talked back and forth for a few minutes. Liv told Santa what she wanted for Christmas. As soon as we left, the pride and excitement was written across Liv's face. She couldn't wait to run out and tell Ben what happened.
When we were done, we walked next door to Ry's temp office space. The girls chatted with Ry's co-workers. Then we were off to get home before Charlie's nap.

What a great morning!

No comments: