12/27/2009

Christmas Eve.

Christmas eve was all I expected, and more. No matter how old I am, I will always wake up on Christmas Eve and feel like a kid again. We spent the afternoon at my mom and dad's. We had Meme's yummy snacks and did our gift exchange. LOTS of laughter, LOTS of fun, LOTS of love.




We headed to my Grandmom's house where we met the rest of that side of the family for dinner/gift exchanging. Liv and Lo loved playing with Sophia and Dom. (they are the 4 great grandchildren)

The best gift of all was when my mom whipped out 4 boxes (one gift for each great grandchild). Inside was a dress made out of grandfather's flannel shirt. The entire room was silent and tearful. At that very moment, we all felt Grandfather's presence.

At about 8 o'clock we headed home to get the girls in bed in time for Santa's arrival. Both of the girls fell asleep in the car.....

1 comment:

Tiffanie & Joe said...

tHAT WAS THE BEST PART OF THE NIGHT AT GRANDMOMS. I LOVE THE DRESS SOPHIA RECEIVED! I NEVER WANT HER TO OUTGROW IT, BUT YOU MADE A GOOD POINT IT CAN BECOME A BEARS OUTFIT! GRANDFATHER WAS DEFF FELT THAT NIGHT.