8/17/2008

What a difference.

Well I have to say, Charlotte has been on more outings in her 2 weeks of life then Liv did in her first 2 months of life. Now granted, I haven't ventured out with out Ryan. I am not ready to be out numbered in a public setting (other then our neighborhood park and walk to play groups). It is also helpful that it is summer time my germaphobia doesn't quite set in until November. We have been out to eat, coffee shop runs, the mall, suburban square, parks, grocery store etc. Life just goes on when you have a toddler reminding you that you can't have daily nurse-ins in bed. Although I am dragging half of the time, it forces me to not get stuck in that "NewBaby Bubble" that I was in with Liv. I have ran out twice by myself.....once to get a pedi. What a world of a difference....... When Liv was born I think I ran out to the grocery store and filled a cart in 20 minutes just because I was afraid she would have to nurse while I was gone. I have already pumped twice and Lo took a bottle without any trouble. Ryan and Liv gave it to her. I even gave her some (which is not typical for babies to take from a bottle when the true source is right there).

So far, so good! However, we have just approached the 2 week growth spurt so an all day nurse-in is what I need. Not happening..... we will get through it though.

No comments: