8/05/2008

Charlotte's Here.




Well the time has finally arrived where we area family of four. On her due date, Charlotte decided to arrive. I woke up at around 7 am with some mild cramping that was every 5 minutes but nothing I would have been alarmed with. The only reason why I was alarmed was bc it was exactly every 5 minutes and that is how my labor started with Liv. I woke Ryan up and we called the doctor. They told us to come into the hospital because of my extremely fast unmedicated delivery with Liv. This time I wanted an epidural if I had the choice. We met both of our families at the hospital and they entertained LIv while I was getting checked and stuff. At about 12 pm the doctor decided to break my water. I had extreme contractions for about an hour then got the epidural at about 1:30. (Which by the way is HEAVEN) As soon as I got it, I felt like I was at a spa getting a spa treatment. The relief was incredible. However, not too long later (maybe 20 minutes) I felt major pressure and asked to get checked. The doctor checked me at about 2:00 and I was complete and ready to push. She told me to sit back and enjoy my epi for a little (well that was hard because I really had to push). But at 2:45 the nurse told me to push. I pushed through two contractions. The nurse turned to grab some gloves. She put one on (not the other), and turned to me. She ran over and I pushed Charlotte out with m y third contraction. The nurse delivered her with one glove on and no doctor in site. The look on the doctor’s face when she walked in the room was extreme shock. It was amazing. Ryan, My mom, and Ryan’s mom were in the room coaching me. It was incredible.

Charlotte came out with a full head of hair and looking identical to her mommy. The pictures of me as a baby are identical to her. As soon as she was born, everyone came back to meet her. Olivia was especially excited. She couldn’t wait to hold her and kiss her. What a moment…….to see two little girls that we Ryan and I have created. I couldn’t ask for anything else…….

Ry will be home for almost two weeks as we adjust to our new family. Our girls are in love and are future best friends for life. You may not heare from me for a little while. Once we have time to actually sit and open our laptops, my posts will keep coming. Until then, wish us some sleep.........

1 comment:

James W. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is a great birth story and I'm glad it went so incredibly well! If only all babies were so easy, right?