8/26/2008

slumber party feeling.

One of my secretly favorite times of day is when I am rocking Lo to sleep and Liv comes in the nursery and sits next to me. The reason it is secretive is because it is usually the time of day that I am ready for a break and lose my patience if Lo doesn't fall asleep immediately. On the other hand, it is really a cozy time. The lights are out and liv and I whisper to each other. She sits in a rocker that was mine when I was a toddler that my grandparents got me. I can tell Liv really enjoys this time too. She asks for it and says, "Mommy, it is time to go rock Charlotte." Then she sits down and whispers," So, mommy, what's new?" Then we chat back and forth for a little while.

I watch her rock and it reminds me of the days I sat and rocked in it. Then I look in my arms and just have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. It is such a special little girly sleep over, snuggly feeling. But more exciting because I get to do it every night with my very own two little girls.

No comments: