5/04/2009

Appetizer.

The rain didn't stop us this weekend from some r&r at the shore.  I love being on our small little peaceful island of SH no matter what the weather is.  

So nostalgic.  Reminds me of all of those barefoot summers.  Walking everywhere.  Riding my bike to pick up fresh produce for my mom for dinner.  Picking and painting shells.  Spending hours on the dock.  After dinner boat rides to jump the waves.  Fishing for flounder.  Watching the sunset.  

Being on a small island, just simplifies things.  Being surrounded by water is so tranquil. I used to set a goal of being barefoot from June to September- all of the time. I think we would leave the island three times in three months.  Something about that place just screams my childhood.

Anyways, Ry and I had a great impromptu dinner date on Saturday at Jay's on Third (BYOB) with his Blue Moons and my bottle of Shiraz.  Just hanging around.  Taking it all in.  The stillness.  Before the big storm (memorial day weekend, when all the shoebees come down- Am I officially a shoebee now or will I always be a seasonal local?)

Just an appetizer for the season.

No comments: