12/31/2008

Much has changed.

As I lie here on my laptop, in bed,after tucking the girls in bed, I reminisce. It is New Year's Eve and there is no place I would rather be. I am content.

It was ten years ago we were on magnolia street in West Chester throwing a college kegger and dancing to Prince (Party like it is 1999) on the coffee table (a typical party event). I can't believe it was ten years ago...I can remember so many specifics about that house. I even remember what I wore that night (ry bought if for me). I think it was the night the bathroom window just broken and poor Kelly and Stacy showered for weeks in a bathroom that was the same temperature as it was outside.....(k, why did we take so long to fix that?)

But then again, alot has happened in ten years. Graduate degree. Three houses. Five career moves (between ry and I). A marriage. Two kids.

It feels like it was yesterday...and it was ten years ago. I don't feel a day older then I did then. And I was 19 years old. Just a baby.

Ry and I have grown up together. When we met our only focus was each other and college life. We have evolved. Our love has strengthened. Because of our love, we now have a family. To think it all started at a party on gay street. Fate brought us together.

I have changed ALOT. But I still am the same person. Just with alot more responsibility and wisdom. Life experiences.

Kinda strange how I went through all of the schooling, to end up home with two kids. But I needed that. It is a big piece of my puzzle.

Being home, at 9 pm on new years..... And going to bed in an hour. May sound lame. But I lay my head down and smile. I am so blessed and lucky. At this very moment, I hear Charlotte call out in her sleep. And I watch Liv on the video monitor toss into a more comfortable position...... They are my masterpieces. They are my purpose.

And hell, I still can dance around in my living room and on the coffee table. Only now it is with my 3 year old beside me and my 5 month old on my hip.

Life is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I was just thinking about that party 10 years ago on New Years too! I was thinking about how much my life has changed but how much I have l lived since then. But the one thing I will always remember is that had to be one of our BEST parties we threw at West Chester. And there were a lot. :)
I'm glad you remember and I'm sure Denise and Kelly could never forget either. Happy New Years - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
PS: I have no clue why it took us so long to get that bathroom window fixed LOL!

Unknown said...

My hubby cooked mini-plates between 4 and midnight while I played with Roman in front or the fire and we streamed in some lounge music. We nibbled together as each plate was complete (I am lucky to have a wonderful chef in the house) and danced a little with Rome. Although I did miss getting all dolled up to hit the town there is no place I'd rather have been on the last evening of 2008. Besides we had some silly feather-silver-glittery hats. Happiest New Years Katrina clan. Laughter, love and much cheer throughout the new year!