12/14/2008

Dec 14th.

Three years ago today one of my mom's best friends lost her battle with cancer. Sheila and my mom were extremely close and would do just about anything for one another. Sheila used to always tell me that my mom is such an angel and was sent to her. She was always so appreciative of my mom. My mom would always laugh it off and think she was over reacting. My mom was just being herself. She is the most loving, caring, positive, selfless person I know. Sheila just agreed.

On the other hand, what Sheila didn't realize is that SHE was an amazing person. She had to be one of the most energetic, positive, loving women I have ever met. That is why my mom and her were a perfect match. They had an amazing friendship. She often told my mom she was her sister. Although Sheila has left us, she is and always will be in our hearts. I feel her presents in so many ways. She has touched my life forever.

I will never forget when Sheila went to mexico for an alternative treatment in hopes to buy a few more years with her twins who were 3 at the time. When I look into my girls eyes, livi being 3, I now know why she fought so hard.

My mom went out there to stay with her and help her for a week. She had a few really rough days from the treatment and my mom said to me, "I hope you NEVER have to watch a best friend or someone that close to you fight that hard for their life." My mom was there for her and did everything for her. I hope and pray I don't , but if do I only hope I have the strength of my mom's.

Even though Sheila lost the battle, it was a long and hard battle, but I still consider her a survivor. She never let the agonizing fears and pains of cancer change her attitude. Love you, girl. Your beautiful Light still shines on us.

Side note:
After a long hard week of not so good napping and sleeping.....It is 3 o'clock on Sunday and Charlotte has been asleep since 11:30 (except for a 1 o'clock dreamfeed). I know Sheila had something to do with this......

No comments: