8/02/2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Charlie-Bear.





Click here for a video taken at 3:08 pm a year ago today (charlotte was 8 minutes old).


Dear Charlotte,

From the very moment, I found out I was pregnant, I knew you would be the missing piece to our puzzle.  We would go to the doctor's and patiently await hearing the beautiful sound of your heartbeat.  At the ultrasound, when we found out you were a girl, we were able to begin daydreaming about having our two little girls.  We would explain to Liv how incredibly lucky she was to be a big sister and have a little sister, a best friend for life.

You decided to join us on your exact due date.  As soon as I opened my eyes on August 3rd 2008, I felt my first little contraction.  I remember the details of that day so vividly.........

I fell completely head over heels in love with you the very first moment that I looked into your eyes.  Having had the experience I had with Liv, I never doubted my love for you.  But I wondered if my second birth experience would be less exciting because I knew what to expect.  I was 100% wrong.  I vividly remember the nurse holding you up over me, you turning bright pink.  The dimple in your chin.  Your dark, long brown hair.  Royal blue eyes.  Wrinkled finger tips.  Quivering lip.  Shaky cry. Surrounded by so much family and love.  Within 15 minutes of entering this world, your big sister sat on my lap and held you.  Daddy stood over us and kissed you.  We were at last, a family of four.  A moment that Daddy and I have talked about for the past 12 years.  

I have taken so many paths in my life to end up where I am at this very moment..... a mommy to the two most beautiful little girls in the world.  There is no place I would rather be. 

 Holding you in my arms, playing with you, watching you discover the world......You have given me my purpose in life.  Throughout the past year, my heart has expanded far beyond I ever imagined.  There is nothing in the world I wouldn't do for you. You will always be my little girl.  I could never hold you tight enough, kiss you long enough, or say," I love you" too much.  

Every day, every moment with you is a gift.  Thank you for completing our family.  We now get to  live our "happily ever after".

I love you and will always be your number one fan.
Happy Birthday my sweet little Charlie Bear.

Love,
Mama xoxoxoxo


  

1 comment:

Oppelt said...

you made me tear-up. happy birthday little (big) girl!