6/24/2009

Mary's song.

Driving in the car tonight and watching Liv in the rear view mirror......it was one of those moments.  The kind of moment where within 5 seconds the past 4 years flashes through my head.  I don't know how she has gotten so big.  So mature.  Turned into such an amazing person.  

I watched her mouth the lyrics to "Mary's Song" by Taylor Swift.  Taylor was my next door neighbor growing up and the lyrics to that song were influenced by my parents' relationship (hence the title).  They met in kindergarden, parents were friends, etc.

Full circle.  Growing up with little Taylor next door (who is now pretty grown up), her looking up to my parents, and then seeing their grandchild sing the lyrics.  Me watching my daughter sing a song written about my parents.

I have to admit, I had tears.  It just hit me.  At that moment.  My little girl is getting so big.  And I love the little person she has become.

She is always demanding,  "I want to hear Meme and GPop's song....!"

No comments: