6/30/2009

Dry run.





I call this a dry run, but it was more a messy run.  
I found a local woman who used to be a baker in wayne, pa.  Her two sons have various food allergies so she decided to make some cash by baking allergy friendly goods out of the house.

  In preparation for Charlotte's first birthday, I called the baker last week and ordered a dozen cupcakes that are egg/dairy/peanuts/tree nuts/soy free.  She told me that they freeze really well and alot of moms will order a dozen at a time to bring to parties or for Mr. Softie alternatives.  

When we went to pick them up today, I almost got teary eyed when she handed them to me.  Or, let's just say I did....  She just gave Charlotte the gift of sweet treat indulgence.  Something I feared her missing out on when we first found out about the allergies.  

They were pretty darn delicious!  She enjoyed it!  See for yourself.  This video is her first experience with "Junk food".  And SUGAR (besides fruit)

I whipped out the girls Princess Plates that I keep for special occasions. (thanks Jaworski's)

Sidenote:  Liv has been such a sweet big sister.  She is starting to get a hang of the allergy awareness.  She is always checking with me to see if things have dairy and egg in them.  And she checks my plate to make sure I am not mistakenly eating something I can't.  Love her!

No comments: